Topics for the second assignment:
Elements of a sentence and Past tense
Topic 1 Elements of a sentence
For the second assignment we are going to review the elements of a sentence.
Can you recognize a sentence?
To find out, do these activities:
1. Play the three games in the follow wesbite.Making Sentences
- True or false- are these sentences?
- Does it make sense?
- Add puctuation to put these texts into sentences
They will be your required before the exam.
3. To find information about the elements of a sentence read
The fact sheet
4. Then, answer the five worksheets. You can check the answers and grade yourself using the answer keys provided by the website.
Print the 5 worksheets. Solve them and check your answer s with the answer keys.
5 worksheets with answer keys
Topic 2 . Past Tense vs.Present and Future Tense
1. Getting the tense right. Print the 5 factsheets
2. Play this "Treasure hunt" game .Choose the first 2 the levels.
Spot the verb in the sentence
Choose the right verb
When you finish each level print your final score for each.
3. Answer the quizzes for level A, B and C
Print your scores for each level
4. Pronunciation (ed) Past tense
Go to the following webpages . Study the following material
Pronunciation of the past tense
Quizz on pronunciation
BBC quizz past tense
Be prepared for an exam on these topics and unit two by